čtvrtek 8. května 2008

Linux MCE

Hi,
what a funny experience...

I decided to create my new multimedia machine. I searched the internet and, voila, a great solution I found. LinuxMCE. But...

Because I have only one machine now, I decided first run that glorious piece of software on Virtual PC. I looked at the minimal hardware requirements and set up my virtual machine with these values. 256MBram and 4GB virtual hard disk. I put the dvd in the tray and turned the virtual PC on. Everything went OK until Linux asked me to choose the partition on which my Linux MCE should be installed. As I had only one partition I thought its a little needless question, but OK. I wrote the only number I could, it was '1' :), and hit enter. Linux told me that default user account would be created, it asked me to enter a password and I was expecting what is going to happen more.

Nothing special. Linux spat some error messages at me and got completely unresponding. The error messages said something about 12GB, which was unreachable for Linux. I think so. When the disk is only 4GB - it would be very hard to reach 12GB even if you ran three times a circle. The last senetence which appeared on the screen was: "Did you specify the partition correctly?"

Funny thing. Any keyboard input could do nothing.

That's my experience. What's yours?

Žádné komentáře: